11 things about me, 11 answers and 11 questions!
December 17, 2012 § 5 Comments
I’m back again with another fun TAG entry.
Here are the rules:
– write 11 things about you
– answer back the question asked by the girl who tagged you
– tag 11 people
– give them 11 questions to answer
11 things about me
Before I start let me tell you that there’s already a lot of stuff about me in my About Me page, check it out! 😉
1) I love Music more that anything in the world and I often dream about how my life would be different if only I decided to pursue my dream in music.
I’ve been singing since I was 15 and I never stopped. I guess I can say that I fell properly in love with music after watching “Moulin Rouge!“: I remember buying the soundtrack and playing it on repeat, singing over it. I don’t recall if this was before or after my cousin dragging me to a year-long musical singing/acting course. That was the best year in my life! We performed individually on a Disney song at the end of the course (I was Anastasia and Belle from Beauty and the Beast in the group performance), in a real theatre, and I get to understand how much music meant to me. I was so excited about the once-a-week classes, I couldn’t wait for go there and sing and act and everything. It was the year I finally had something I loved to do all the time.
I bought back then my first Whitney Houston CDs and then I discovered the musicals’ world: I watched The Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Les Mis and many others. That what the very first time I loved doing something: it made sense for me singing those tunes, for the first time in my life I felt like I knew what I was supposed to do and what I really deeply enjoyed doing. It was amazing.
Long story short: I’ve been singing since then, taking private lessons, I even attend two years at the Conservatory, I took part in several contests and I self-taught myself the guitar and piano chords. I explored all the music genres: from musicals to opera, to pop to jazz. I even auditioned for the X Factor.
Right now I’m on a path extremely non-music related and sometimes, when I think about it too much, it hurts and I end up wondering if things would have work better for me if I chose my first dream instead of my second one, which is being a Space Physicist.
Gosh, I guess this first fact is too sad!!! 😦
I have a musical YouTube Channel (I’m not that proud about it, though..), if you are interested, that I wish I could update more. 😦
2) I wear glasses and I used to hate them back when I was in high school. During college I started to get used to them and now I feel like they are part of me. I almost feel naked when I don’t wear them! 😛 Anyway, I’m thinking about having a laser operation when I’ll be between 25-30. Right now..it scares me a lot!
3) I’m kind of a control freak. I can’t deal with messy rooms and I can’t go to bed if every single thing I own is not in the right spot. I noticed that this side of me developed during college: in high school I wasn’t messy but I wasn’t obsessed about order that much!
What’s worst is that I’m not just an order freak, I need to have a schedule on everything I do. I hate not knowing what to do during some certain days. I really hate it! 😦
4) I can’t stand the sight of my nails without any nail polish. When I was younger I could wear a light/transparent polish and feel good anyway, but now that my guitar has kind of “ruined” the white on my nails I can’t stand looking at them. Paranoid much? Yeah, I know. 😛
5) I don’t have a home, right now. Mine was damaged by an earthquake. We are living in an earthquake-proof house while my real house is getting built.
6) I deeply hate my hips bones and my hips in general. I feel like they are too big if compared to the rest of my body.
7) I have the big dream of living in an English-speaking country, someday. And I’ll be trying to move to the States after my graduation to get a PhD. Right now, it’s the only things that keeps me focused on daily troubles.
8) I have been through a “The Lord of the Rings” phase back in 2001 until 2004, I guess. I’m over it, right now, but I deeply miss it. I remembered writing down my favourite scenes’ dialogs and even trying to learn Elvish. And I would die to have Arwen’s hair. 😛
9) I have a lots of fears and my bigger ones are the fear of living an average life and of being average in general (it’s something extremely difficult to live by because I tend to judge everything I do) and the fear of living in this town forever.
10) I have a pretty bad long-term memory. For example, I know everything if I have to take an exam, but I tend to forget about all of it after being done with it. Which sucks so bad. I can’t remember old memories too. I don’t know why. I have some very clear memories, but there are only a few. I tend to forget quotes/poems I like too, even if I am a quotes junkie. It’s so frustrating!!! =(
11) My iPod is a 30GB one and I only have 3GB left. 😛 I’m planning on buying a bigger one.
1) Which accessory you can’t leave the house without? I don’t know if it actually counts as an “accessory”, but..my watch! I feel lost without it!
2) What is a makeup item you are longing to get, right now? It’s hard to pick, I really have a long list. I’d say the white Face&body foundation by MAC or the Naked 2.
3) Favourite dessert/treat? The italian “tiramisù”. Even naming it makes me want it so bad! haha
4) Why did you start writing your blog? Honestly? Because I’m shy. I’m into makeup/beauty/fashion since 2009, but it was last January that I really wanted to do something with what I know. I really wish I could be confident enough to post videos on YouTube because..honestly, that would be awesome and fun! But, really, I’m too shy to do it. Plus, there’s the fact that I’m Italian so my spoken (or written, as you can already tell) English is not great at all. So, last summer I had some time to think about a way of giving tips without videos and..here comes by blog! 😉 I started on a community on LiveJournal and then I moved here on WordPress. I don’t have much views or followers, but as long as I enjoy writing..I won’t stop! 😉
5) Which is your favourite color to wear? Black because it makes me feel comfortable.
6) Favourite nail polish of all time? The red on by Kiko. Here‘s the review!
7) An item you always have in your purse? A good chapstick.
8) If you had one wish, what would it be? Hard one. Maybe to get whatever I want if I work hard for it. For example, I’m really struggling with university and I really want to get a degree with the highest marks and then win a PhD in the US. That would be awesome.
9) Straight or curly hair? I have pretty much naturally straight hair, but I’ve always loved wavy/curly ones. Plus, since I’m lazy and I don’t like to straighten my hair (they don’t need it, but if I don’t properly blow dry it, it’ll be a mess..), I often try heatless curls and…I love wearing curling hair!!! Curls are so much fun! 😉
10) Winter or Summer? Definitely Winter. I deeply believe that you can dress in layers if it’s very cold, but if you’re hot, you can go around with a swimsuit and still feel hot. 😛 So there is a solution for the colder months, but not for the hotter ones. Plus, I have low blood pressure and summer just makes me weaker. (and with my super fair skin not even SPF50 can avoid sunburns!)
11) Ask yourself something and answer it back! The hardest one, hahah! Your biggest idol? Right now, it’s Taylor Swift, but growing up I was completely in love with the 3 golden woman: Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston & Christina Aguilera. (and I still am!!!)
1) What is your favourite way of spending free time?
2) Can you play any instruments?
3) A talent you think you have?
4) What would you change about your personality? And your body?
5) The nicest compliment you have ever received?
6) Your biggest idol?
7) Which celebrity would you like to date/meet in person?
8) Are you a spender or a saver?
9) If you could pick a city to live for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10) What is your job and your ideal one?
11) Favourite movie/songs/book quote you live by?