December 29, 2013 § 2 Comments
Since Christmas is getting nearer, DIY projects are more and more common on YouTube these days.
I stumbled across Jolien Nathalie‘s channel about a month ago and I was very impressed by her super positive personality and great creativity. Plus, she is super nice which is not always that easy to find!!!
She posted some days ago a DIY on Vanilla scented Blush & Bronzer that I think it’s worth to mention. It seems very easy and it is perfectly edited and filmed. I’ll leave the video down below and hope you’ll check it out as soon as you can. And don’t forget to subscribe to her channel!!!
December 25, 2013 § 4 Comments
I truly wish you the merriest Christmas of all!!!!
December 23, 2013 § Leave a comment
I used to be obsessed with Polyvore years ago, and I recently stumbled on the website (here‘s my page). Moreover, Miss Jaimie from Brilliant Earth asked me if I wanted to take part in a contest they are having weekly. Of course, I could not say no!
So, here is the set I created. It’s the kind of outfit I would wear for a romantic holiday in Paris. I’ve always wanted to visit this splendid city so..yes, “We end up dreaming instead of sleeping…” (quote stolen from Taylor Swift, as always! :P).
Brilliant Earth is the most shiny site of jewelry ever (yes, pun intended). If only I could buy some piece, it would definitely be the ring I used in the set (18K White Gold Tiara Eternity Diamond Ring) which reminds me of something elvish too (I’m back in The Hobbit & The Lord Of The Rings addiction – check my Tumblr to have proof). The earrings (The Promenade Earrings) are stunning as well and they fit perfectly in the set, they remind me of the Eiffel tower.
December 18, 2013 § 4 Comments
A brief post to show you what I recently bought.
My awesome group of friends gave a me a 25€ gift card for my birthday (it’s been 6 months and one day exactly :P) to spend at the local perfume/beauty shop Limoni. I struggled a lot before finally deciding because I really wanted to get some more Essie polishes (Fiji and Sand Tropez are on my wish list) and Revlon lip products. Sadly, the Revlon stand vanished (they moved the store in another location) after I decided to get two of the super raved Just Bitten Kissable Balms. I’m always the luckiest girl in the world, uh?!
Therefore, I decided to give the Dior Crème de Rose Lip Balm a go. So many YouTubers say this product is gold and I finally got the chance of spending 25€ (actually it was 25.99€) with a “light” heart. 😛 I tried it yesterday, but I ate dinner right after so I can’t say anything yet. The smell and the consistency are great, though.
I also bought some bits at Kiko with a 30% off. I got an invisible pencil, two lipsticks (two pretty wearable colors) and a star magnet for magnetic nail polishes which I have already tried and did not like as much as the Deborah one (here is the review).
& that is all.
December 10, 2013 § 6 Comments
How is December going for you?
Today I will talk about the revolutionary foundation by Urban Decay, the Naked Skin foundation.
When I was in Rome back in September I swatched the lightest shade on my hand and it seemed to be pretty matching my skin, but being a high-end foundation I only asked for a sample. I’ve been testing it out for five to six times and I have a pretty defined opinion on it.
Color&Pigmentation. The shade I got a sample of is the #0.5, which is the lightest pink-toned one. The scale of shades is numbered with a .5 for pink-toned foundations and .0 for yellow toned foundations and I have to say that if I see only the .5 by them selves I can’t see the rose tint to them, but if I compare the shades with the yellow-toned ones there is a great difference. If you are struggling to find a very yellow-toned foundation, you should check this one out. Anyway, back to the beginning. My shade is a pink-toned one and, despite being pink, it is not pink enough to match perfectly my skin tone. Moreover, on my hands it seems to blend very nicely with the skin, but on my face it’s still too dark. Impossible to believe, but it is. Of course, to use the sample anyway I mixed it with my life-saver Face&Body MAC foundation (review here) in white. And now, yes it matches (despite being still a tad too yellow for me). The pigmentation is super if we consider how lightweight is this foundation. It covers all of the eventual cheek redness and attenuates pimple scars (I still would use concealer over it for the most stubborn ones).
Application. Smooth and easy. Maybe the easiest foundation to apply I have ever tested. Plus, it is very easy to layer.
Longevity. If set it with powder (I use the NYC one) it lasts for at least 8 hours. It fades a bit, but it still covers everything.
Packaging. Can’t say much about it because I had only the sad little jar by Sephora (which was also kind of broken).
Store&Price. The UD Naked Skin Foundation is sold at any Sephora stores and in Urban Decay counters, of course, for about 35€.
Overall 9/10. It would have been a 10 if the shade matched me without having to add the white foundation. I have been thinking of purchasing the foundation, but I’m not positive on spending 35€ and having to mix it with another high-end foundation. Too bad, because I really like this product!
Have you ever tried this foundation? What do you think about the shade range?
December 3, 2013 § 7 Comments
I promised you an update, but I am afraid you’ll still have to wait. I’m not sure what to say to you, and writing it down makes it so permanent I don’t want to jinx it! 😛
Today, I will show you what I bought in my recent e.l.f. order I placed last month. I bought everything with the 50% off and I have realized that they come out with this deal so often (there’s a 50% off sale right now!) that I will never buy anything full price again! It was kind of a pain in the back to receive it, though, because it got stuck and it took more than 10 days to come, but..it’s here in all its perfection! ❤
Here is the list of what I got:
- Custom Eyes in Ivory: I’ve been wanting a single white shimmery eyeshadow for so long that for just 85 cents I couldn’t resist! I’m sad that I didn’t get the empty palette as well!
- Daily Brush Cleanser: I am lazy (and busy) when it comes to clean brushes and this works like a charm. I tested it three or four times and I really love how good it works! Definitely going to buy it again!
- Eyelash and Brow Wand: I’ve been wanting a spoolie for ages and I’ve used it once to separate my eyelashes after wearing a clumpy (old) mascara. It does his job quite right, but I have no time in the morning to use it too!
- HD Blush in Headliner: I think these are one of the most raved products by elf around the web. I still haven’t worn the blush. but I tested it on my hand and, gosh, it is dangerously pigmented!!! I decided to go with Headliner because I feel like it’s the easiest color to wear among the shades they offer.
- HD Blush in Superstar: I couldn’t leave it there. The color is too stunning to avoid buying this shade!!! I swatched this one on my hand as well and I realized that I will have to learn a good technique to wear it without looking like a clown! It’s even more pigmented than Headliner, amazing!!!
- Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Movie Star: I still have no automatic jumbo lip pencil and I really wanted to test the e.l.f. ones out. Sadly, I wore it once and it didn’t perform very well: it lasted for less than an hour and then started to collect at the centre of the lips and at the edges. Not great at all. Maybe a lighter shade (this one is a bright red) will work better.
- Lip Balm SPF 15 in Plum: I bought this one because of Lillian Masie, but I regretted it. Of course, it doesn’t look as great as it looks on her skin tone. Too bad, because it’s actually pretty good in mousturizing lips!
- Lip Exfoliator: I’ve heard very nice reviews about this one and the idea is too brilliant to resist.
- Lipstick in Gypsy: A plum color I still need to swatch!
- Lipstick in Charming: A strawberry color I still need to swatch!
- Studio Mini Eyelash Curler: I am obsessed with curling my eyelashes (my eyelashes suck pretty back, sadly) and I have been wanting a mini curler for ages. I was so happy to be able to buy it without having to spend too much!
- Powder Brush: It was only 85 cents and I needed a nice powder brush to alternate it with the flat studio elf one I have since 2010. I expected it to be bigger (but that’s something that happens quite often with e.l.f. brushes, especially the cheapest ones), but it works anyway and I use it to apply blush, instead.
- Powder Puffs: I almost forgot I bought them! 😛 A necessity to keep in the purse for touch-ups during the day (as if I touch-up my makeup..:P)
- Studio Matte Lip Color in Natural: I wanted to try the red one, but I am full of reds in my lipstick collection, so I opted for a very natural color. I swatched it on my hand and it looks nice. I’m just a little scared that with my pale skin it will wash me out.
& that is all! As you can see, I still haven’t tried all of the product because I literally have no time to test new makeup, recently, but I’m sure that I will have the chance to do so very soon.
I hug you all and, please, leave suggestions of good e.l.f. product to buy next! 😉