December 3, 2013 § 7 Comments
I promised you an update, but I am afraid you’ll still have to wait. I’m not sure what to say to you, and writing it down makes it so permanent I don’t want to jinx it! 😛
Today, I will show you what I bought in my recent e.l.f. order I placed last month. I bought everything with the 50% off and I have realized that they come out with this deal so often (there’s a 50% off sale right now!) that I will never buy anything full price again! It was kind of a pain in the back to receive it, though, because it got stuck and it took more than 10 days to come, but..it’s here in all its perfection! ❤
Here is the list of what I got:
- Custom Eyes in Ivory: I’ve been wanting a single white shimmery eyeshadow for so long that for just 85 cents I couldn’t resist! I’m sad that I didn’t get the empty palette as well!
- Daily Brush Cleanser: I am lazy (and busy) when it comes to clean brushes and this works like a charm. I tested it three or four times and I really love how good it works! Definitely going to buy it again!
- Eyelash and Brow Wand: I’ve been wanting a spoolie for ages and I’ve used it once to separate my eyelashes after wearing a clumpy (old) mascara. It does his job quite right, but I have no time in the morning to use it too!
- HD Blush in Headliner: I think these are one of the most raved products by elf around the web. I still haven’t worn the blush. but I tested it on my hand and, gosh, it is dangerously pigmented!!! I decided to go with Headliner because I feel like it’s the easiest color to wear among the shades they offer.
- HD Blush in Superstar: I couldn’t leave it there. The color is too stunning to avoid buying this shade!!! I swatched this one on my hand as well and I realized that I will have to learn a good technique to wear it without looking like a clown! It’s even more pigmented than Headliner, amazing!!!
- Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Movie Star: I still have no automatic jumbo lip pencil and I really wanted to test the e.l.f. ones out. Sadly, I wore it once and it didn’t perform very well: it lasted for less than an hour and then started to collect at the centre of the lips and at the edges. Not great at all. Maybe a lighter shade (this one is a bright red) will work better.
- Lip Balm SPF 15 in Plum: I bought this one because of Lillian Masie, but I regretted it. Of course, it doesn’t look as great as it looks on her skin tone. Too bad, because it’s actually pretty good in mousturizing lips!
- Lip Exfoliator: I’ve heard very nice reviews about this one and the idea is too brilliant to resist.
- Lipstick in Gypsy: A plum color I still need to swatch!
- Lipstick in Charming: A strawberry color I still need to swatch!
- Studio Mini Eyelash Curler: I am obsessed with curling my eyelashes (my eyelashes suck pretty back, sadly) and I have been wanting a mini curler for ages. I was so happy to be able to buy it without having to spend too much!
- Powder Brush: It was only 85 cents and I needed a nice powder brush to alternate it with the flat studio elf one I have since 2010. I expected it to be bigger (but that’s something that happens quite often with e.l.f. brushes, especially the cheapest ones), but it works anyway and I use it to apply blush, instead.
- Powder Puffs: I almost forgot I bought them! 😛 A necessity to keep in the purse for touch-ups during the day (as if I touch-up my makeup..:P)
- Studio Matte Lip Color in Natural: I wanted to try the red one, but I am full of reds in my lipstick collection, so I opted for a very natural color. I swatched it on my hand and it looks nice. I’m just a little scared that with my pale skin it will wash me out.
& that is all! As you can see, I still haven’t tried all of the product because I literally have no time to test new makeup, recently, but I’m sure that I will have the chance to do so very soon.
I hug you all and, please, leave suggestions of good e.l.f. product to buy next! 😉