January 7, 2014 § 9 Comments
Before starting with my 2013 favorites, I have to wish you the brightest new year ever! I wish that all of your wishes come true and that you can find what you are looking for! Truly, from the bottom of my heart, I wish you a super happy new year!!!
And here are the winners of my 2013!!!
—————-❤ Random Beauty Things ❤—————-
- Lush – Roots (hair treatment): the hair mask that changed my life. I’m never going to stop using, it’s perfection!!! (review here)
- Lush – Honey I Washed the Kids (soap): the smell is amazing, and it leaves my hands super soft. I also use it to wash my face, from time to time..shhh, don’t tell! 😛
- Lush – Porridge (soap/scrub): in Italian it’s called “Il Signore dei Granelli” and it stands for “The lord of the grains” and it’s an amazing body scrub, plus it smells amazing!
- Equilibra – Scrub corpo rimodellante (body scrub): it a mix of salt and oils and not only does it scrub my skin perfectly, but it hydrates it amazingly
- Kiko – Hydra + Body Cream: the best body moisturizer I have ever tried so far
- Lush – Eau Roma Water (toner): a super fresh toner to refresh or soothe my skin and, as everything by Lush, it’s completely natural which is always a plus
- Burt’s Bees – Radiance Eye Cream: it lasted me an entire year and it goes straight back on my wish list for 2014!
- Bioderma – Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire (makeup remover): definitely the best makeup remover I have ever tried. It’s the highlight of this year! I’m almost out of my tiny bottle and I will surely repurchase it in 2014 (review here)
- Coconut oil: perfect to hydrate skin and to remove makeup
- MAC – Face&Body foundation in White: my life savior – I’m too pale to find a good match for high-end or drugstore foundations, and a white base to mix with darker foundations works like a charm for me (review here)
- Real Techniques – Expert Face Brush: it’s the only brush I find myself going back to whenever I want to apply liquid foundations – it’s the best
- e.l.f. – Eyelash and brow wand: a spoolie I got recently and that I use almost daily
- Kiko – Precision Lip Pencil (#306): a red lip pencil I use constantly (even more than red lipstick) when I want to dare with red (see it here)
- Sephora – Eyeshadow (#10 Californian Blonde): the perfect champagne color for when I am lazy to put something more elaborate on my eyes – it works great as a cheek highlighter as well
- MUA – Undress me too palette: it should be the dupe for Naked 2 and it’s definitely my most used palette of this year!
- Rimmel Kate Moss – Lipstick (#10): my go-to red lipstick (before getting the MAC Ruby Woo – review here) (review here)
- Kiko – Stick Bloom blush (#02): a super easy to apply blush that I used during Spring and Autumn/Winter almost daily
- Kiko Glow Touch – Lips&Cheeks (#01 Bitter Margarita): a bright strawberry cream blush I used all summer long (review here)
- Benefit – High Beam (highlighter): I got at the beginning of the year and loved to death every single day – it’s the perfect pink highlighter for my skin tone. Now I own only a little sample, but I am going to finish it up soon, and..definitely will purchase the full size!
- Essie – Laquered up (nail polish): the red that stole my heart – I’ve worn it countless days!!! (review here)
- Essie – Mint Candy Apple (nail polish): I got this polish later than any other girl on the web, but fallen in love with it immediately (review here)
- China Glaze – Purr-fect Plum (nail polish): the best plum ever, perfect for the Autumn and Winter (review here)
- Nina Ricci – Nina (perfume): I only got a sample, but I am in love. Actually planning to buy the full size!!!
- Issey Miyake – Florale (perfume): I don’t know how could I live without this perfume. I think that if I had to pick just one scent for life, I would go with this one!
—————-❤ Random Things&People ❤—————-
- Honey: I used to hate honey, back when I was a kid, now..it’s my favorite thing in the world. Plus, it works amazingly in milkshakes and on cookies! 😛
- Twinings – Blackcurrant tea: the best flavour of tea ever – I just can’t get enough of it (Instagram love)
- Outside walking/running: I started in April and stopped in October – I can’t wait to have time to start again! It helped me to get in shape and to listen for the countless albums I had to check out! 😛
- Zoella (youtuber): she’s the cutest girl ever – I’m a little obsessed..:P
- Essiebutton (youtuber): okay, I am literally obsessed with her – I love her videos too much! (my blog post about her here)
- Danisnotonfire (youtuber): honestly, he is my spirit animal
—————-❤ Random TV shows, Movies, Books and Music ❤—————-
- Once Upon a Time (TV show): loved the third season so far and my lovely ship Captain Swan is amaaaaazing!!! (join me in the madness!)
- Teen Wolf (TV show): what can I say..it started as a joke and it has become an obsession
- Gilmore Girls (TV show): I started rewatching the entire show and I have fallen in love with it all over again
- Bunheads (TV show): one of the cutest and brilliant TV shows I’ve watched – definitely check it out if you love Gilmore Girls
- Nashville (TV show): the best mix of drama and music
- The Hobbit (movie): loved the movies, like..reaaaally loved the movies. And I’m head over heels with the entire LOTR fandom all over again! (I though I recovered, but no..after 10 years, bang! Peter Jackson puts a spell on me again! :P)
- 10 things I hate about you (movie): watch it, just..do it
- The dark knight rises (movie): looooved it – so sad it’s the end of the trilogy
- The Heat (movie): I did not remember how it felt to cry of laughter – Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are amazing together
- The Band Perry (music): I love country, I love powerful female voices and deep lyrics – this band is flawless
- Ariana Grande (music): I don’t know if she gets the credit she deserves, but she’s amazing. I can almost say she’s better than the Queen Mariah Carey, for being that young. Pure, pure talent!
- Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio songs from Nashville (music): I love Scarlett & Gunnar in Nashville (they are my favorite couple on the show) and their voices are the perfect match!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (book): full of inspiration and down to earth characters – one of the best books I’ve ever read
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book): a wonderful yet peculiar love story, brilliantly written too
—————-❤ Random quotes ❤—————-
- “If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.” (The Happiness Project)
- “The trick is to not see the bars, but rather what lies beyond them.” (Cyrus from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland)
- “There comes a time when you have to see what life looks like from the dance floor” (The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky)
—————-❤ Random honorable mentions ❤—————-
- Starting my Master’s Thesis
- Winning 3 giveaways (#2, #3)
- TOEFL, GRE, GRE Physics exams
- Applying for countless PhD in the US, Germany and Australia (that’s the reason why I did not post very often in Nov.-Dec. I promise I will do a blog post about it when everything has ended!)
& that is all, girls! If you are more curious, you can check out my 2013 Scrapbook here!
Talk to you soon!
August 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
I have no idea why this TAG is called “Tumblr survey“, but I read the question on Hilly‘s video, they sounded fun and I decided to give it a try! 😉
1. Are you a young heart or an old soul?
I like to believe I am a young heart, but I’m not. I’m definitely an old soul. People who get to talk to me without actually see me think I’m forty or something. 😛 Despite this blog is makeup and beauty centered, I am definitely not a shallow person. I like to have deep thoughts and look beyond appearances. The “young thing” about myself is that I am a dreamer and that I can’t stop but having imaginary stories in my mind, every time I close my eyes! 😉
2. What makes someone a best friend?
A lot of qualities, but essentially, trust and loyalty. And, of course, a lot of things in common, feelings toward various things (music, movies, people,…) included! There has to be some kind of connection!
3. What Christmas present do you remember the most?
Whenever I get questions like “do you remember..?” I always get so pissed at myself because my memory sucks. So..no, I don’t remember very much some Christmas present. I guess it was the little kind-of-talking-owl Furby when I was 9 or 10 because I remembered wanting it for so long!
4. Tell me a movie/song/TV Show/Playbook that has changed your life.
A lot of things changed my life, but I guess the first one is the movie “Moulin Rouge!“. I can’t imagine how my life would be without that film. No wonder it’s my favorite.
5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself and one that you dislike.
Hahah, well hello, confidence! I can name you a lot of things that I dislike, but the one that I hate the most revolves around my hips. I see them huge. One think that I like? My eye color, maybe. Not sure about that 100% though.
6. Can money buy happiness?
“Those who say that money don’t buy happiness don’t know where to shop“. I’ve always remembered this quote, but I don’t know where it is from. Sex and the City, maybe? I have no clue. Anyway, I do belive money bring a lot into someone’s life, yes, but..not everything, of course. Money help live better, that’s for sure. It helps with practical life stuff, but…if you have money and nothing else I don’t know about the quality of life you are living.
7. What’s more important in a relationship? Physical attraction or emotional connection?
Physical attraction fades, eventually. So, no. Emotional connection all the way.
8. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust?
Absolutely. I could make a list, maybe.
9. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
Again with the “memory” questions. 😦 I don’t remember!!! Maybe it was my grandma’s house, simply because I could get the chance to spend time with my cousins.
10. Have you spent a night in the hospital?
Nope, and hopefully I won’t ever!
11. Do you enjoy being only with 1-2 friends or with a large group of people?
1-2 friends. Tops!
12. Have you ever been bullied?
Meh, kind of. I got teased a lot for being “the good studying mama’s girl” and for being super pale, but nothing serious. I managed to get over it almost as soon as it happened. Now I tease my fair complection on my own and people think I’m weird. LOL
13. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage until having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
No comment. I have no idea.
14. Do you believe in God?
Don’t think so, no.
15. Out of all the social networks in the world why use Tumblr?
Because it’s the one I got most addicted to. Because it’s fun and full of things to drool over. And GIFs!!!!!! And, let’s be honest, because you can never feel alone on Tumblr! 😉 Anyway, my Tumblr page is here!
16. What is your quirkiest habit?
I am a control freak so I have to write down everything I have to do. Don’t know if that’s my quirkiest habit, but that’s the one that pops on the top on my head.
17. What is normal? Are you normal?
I believe there is no average normal. You are normal when you are yourself and you feel good with what you do. Being crazy and weird, well..that’s another story! If you compare to people of my age, you’d say that no, I am not normal. I don’t feel normal, actually, but just because people around me are different! It doesn’t mean that what I am or what they are is wrong, though! We are just not alike!
18. Someone close to you is dying! You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years but if you do you cause the death of 10 strangers. Do you take the offer?
Hard one. I think I would be tempted, but maybe I wouldn’t accept the deal. Supernatural taught me a lot, you know? 😛
19. What is one thing you could never forgive?
Betrayal (& careless judgment).
20. When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked?
LOL. Never! (I sound like Rachel of Friends!)
21. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
Past year..meaning 2012 or 2013? Of this year my big plans for my PhD stick out. On negative notes..too much to say.
22. Could you be in a long distance relationship?
Depends on the occasion. Me an Ben Barnes are in a so-long distance relationship that he doesn’t even know me and..we’re fine. 😛
23. Do you know what makes you happy?
Yes, yes I do.
24. Who was your first crush?
Spooky to say, but a guy who passed away when I was 12-13. 😦
25. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
Oh my, I love to eat out! I won’t be shallow and say McD’s, but there a place in my town that serves the most delicious meat ever! 😀
26. Are you an early bird or night owl?
I’ve always thought I was a night owl, but as I’m getting old I’m becoming more and more an early bird. I enjoy waking up early and having the entire day ahead of me! 😀
27. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
Don’t know if it’s actually unpopular, but I despise the celebrities who waltz into magazines or in the news saying “beauty doesn’t matter: it’s what you have inside that define a person” or something like that. As much as I truly agree, I feel like it’s kind of pointless to say those words when you are rich and stunning. It’s easy for celebrities to say that when they basically have anything in life and built their lives around beauty, uh?!
28. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?
Not really. If you win, you get an award, if you don’t..try to do better next time! 😉
29. What song best describes your life right now?
“Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson. But it’s anticipating what I would feel in a year, so..that’s basically cheating. 😛
30. How do you express your creativity?
31. Describe your neighborhood.
Nothing much to say. The guy who lives one floor under plays the bass and there are tons of cats. Pretty common.
32. Can you curl your tongue?
Yep, I think I can.
33. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Several time. But, hey, desperate times, desperate measures.
34. Give me the story of your life in 6 words.
Give up things to achieve dreams.
I tag every one of you, girls! Link me your answers! ^_-
January 24, 2013 § 9 Comments
Just a quick post, some few words and a request for advice!
My winter exams will start in any way now (officially from Jan. 28th to Mar. 1st) and I have three exams to take. Can’t wait to finish, can’t lie! 😛 Then, I’ll be just three exams to go before my thesis! Super-excited!!!
Unfortunately, this winter session will take me more than last year because two of those exams are lab courses so I have to write reviews, study the theory and work on my PowerPoint ppt. Because of that, I am afraid I won’t be able to post my usual two posts a week and maybe I will post none during this month. 😦
I hope you’ll understand and that you’ll stick with me anyhow. I’ll be reading your blogs, of course and we’ll stay in touch by comments, though! 🙂
Never say never, anyway! I’ll be taking pictures of makeup anyway and, maybe, if one day I have the right time I’ll write reviews/beauty posts.
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter if you don’t want to miss me! ❤
Concerning my “advice request“, I am planning to place a book order (online) soon and I’d like to read some nice novels. I stopped reading years ago and one of my New Year’s Resolution is to start reading again, at least two times a week. Plus, I have to take the TOEFL during this Summer and I’m sure that some more English wouldn’t hurt!
I have a pretty open mind about books, so suggest anything you like! The only thing I can’t go with is a difficult (or too classical) English (like Joyce, for instance :P) because, as you know, English is not my first language and I have to be able to follow the story without having to look for words in every sentence!
I’m pretty much interested in new book, also!
At the moment, on my wish list I have:
– The Perks of Being a Wallflower (S. Chbosky)
– The Happiness Project (G. Rubin)
– The Help (K. Stockett)
– The Casual Vacancy (J.K. Rowling)
So, please, feel free to post thousands of comments with your suggestions!
I’ll talk to you soon! Wish me luck!
January 1, 2013 § 6 Comments
Just a quick post to wish you all a nice Happy New Year!!!
Have fun tonight and celebrate this passing 2012, whatever bad or good it was!
Let’s hope this 2013 will be good to us all!!!
December 23, 2012 § 2 Comments
I’m writing to you while Christmas music is happily playing from my iPod.
I just wanted to wish you all the happiest Christmas of all time. I hope it will be full of joy, love, family time, food (a lot, haha!) and good health!
I have nothing crazy planned for these holidays, but I’ll be super busy with family dinners&lunches, trying to make it up for missed nights of sleep and..sadly, doing hateful homework.
How about you, guys? Anything nice planned?
I still don’t know if I’ll be able to actually write posts, but I’ll definitely try new products out so the reviews will come out in January!
Haven’t decided if I want to write down some New Year’s Resolutions yet. Right now, I have already a very long to-do list so I might just skip it! 😛
I guess I’ll decide later!
What about you, peeps?
In the mean time, from the bottom of my heart, a very Merry Christmas to you all!!!
And just because it’s a “let’s love everyone” time of year, don’t forget to be thankful for family and for whatever you have in your life and, that’s really important, be nice to people in general!
Bye bye, dearies!
December 17, 2012 § 5 Comments
I’m back again with another fun TAG entry.
Here are the rules:
– write 11 things about you
– answer back the question asked by the girl who tagged you
– tag 11 people
– give them 11 questions to answer
11 things about me
Before I start let me tell you that there’s already a lot of stuff about me in my About Me page, check it out! 😉
1) I love Music more that anything in the world and I often dream about how my life would be different if only I decided to pursue my dream in music.
I’ve been singing since I was 15 and I never stopped. I guess I can say that I fell properly in love with music after watching “Moulin Rouge!“: I remember buying the soundtrack and playing it on repeat, singing over it. I don’t recall if this was before or after my cousin dragging me to a year-long musical singing/acting course. That was the best year in my life! We performed individually on a Disney song at the end of the course (I was Anastasia and Belle from Beauty and the Beast in the group performance), in a real theatre, and I get to understand how much music meant to me. I was so excited about the once-a-week classes, I couldn’t wait for go there and sing and act and everything. It was the year I finally had something I loved to do all the time.
I bought back then my first Whitney Houston CDs and then I discovered the musicals’ world: I watched The Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Les Mis and many others. That what the very first time I loved doing something: it made sense for me singing those tunes, for the first time in my life I felt like I knew what I was supposed to do and what I really deeply enjoyed doing. It was amazing.
Long story short: I’ve been singing since then, taking private lessons, I even attend two years at the Conservatory, I took part in several contests and I self-taught myself the guitar and piano chords. I explored all the music genres: from musicals to opera, to pop to jazz. I even auditioned for the X Factor.
Right now I’m on a path extremely non-music related and sometimes, when I think about it too much, it hurts and I end up wondering if things would have work better for me if I chose my first dream instead of my second one, which is being a Space Physicist.
Gosh, I guess this first fact is too sad!!! 😦
I have a musical YouTube Channel (I’m not that proud about it, though..), if you are interested, that I wish I could update more. 😦
2) I wear glasses and I used to hate them back when I was in high school. During college I started to get used to them and now I feel like they are part of me. I almost feel naked when I don’t wear them! 😛 Anyway, I’m thinking about having a laser operation when I’ll be between 25-30. Right now..it scares me a lot!
3) I’m kind of a control freak. I can’t deal with messy rooms and I can’t go to bed if every single thing I own is not in the right spot. I noticed that this side of me developed during college: in high school I wasn’t messy but I wasn’t obsessed about order that much!
What’s worst is that I’m not just an order freak, I need to have a schedule on everything I do. I hate not knowing what to do during some certain days. I really hate it! 😦
4) I can’t stand the sight of my nails without any nail polish. When I was younger I could wear a light/transparent polish and feel good anyway, but now that my guitar has kind of “ruined” the white on my nails I can’t stand looking at them. Paranoid much? Yeah, I know. 😛
5) I don’t have a home, right now. Mine was damaged by an earthquake. We are living in an earthquake-proof house while my real house is getting built.
6) I deeply hate my hips bones and my hips in general. I feel like they are too big if compared to the rest of my body.
7) I have the big dream of living in an English-speaking country, someday. And I’ll be trying to move to the States after my graduation to get a PhD. Right now, it’s the only things that keeps me focused on daily troubles.
8) I have been through a “The Lord of the Rings” phase back in 2001 until 2004, I guess. I’m over it, right now, but I deeply miss it. I remembered writing down my favourite scenes’ dialogs and even trying to learn Elvish. And I would die to have Arwen’s hair. 😛
9) I have a lots of fears and my bigger ones are the fear of living an average life and of being average in general (it’s something extremely difficult to live by because I tend to judge everything I do) and the fear of living in this town forever.
10) I have a pretty bad long-term memory. For example, I know everything if I have to take an exam, but I tend to forget about all of it after being done with it. Which sucks so bad. I can’t remember old memories too. I don’t know why. I have some very clear memories, but there are only a few. I tend to forget quotes/poems I like too, even if I am a quotes junkie. It’s so frustrating!!! =(
11) My iPod is a 30GB one and I only have 3GB left. 😛 I’m planning on buying a bigger one.
1) Which accessory you can’t leave the house without? I don’t know if it actually counts as an “accessory”, but..my watch! I feel lost without it!
2) What is a makeup item you are longing to get, right now? It’s hard to pick, I really have a long list. I’d say the white Face&body foundation by MAC or the Naked 2.
3) Favourite dessert/treat? The italian “tiramisù”. Even naming it makes me want it so bad! haha
4) Why did you start writing your blog? Honestly? Because I’m shy. I’m into makeup/beauty/fashion since 2009, but it was last January that I really wanted to do something with what I know. I really wish I could be confident enough to post videos on YouTube because..honestly, that would be awesome and fun! But, really, I’m too shy to do it. Plus, there’s the fact that I’m Italian so my spoken (or written, as you can already tell) English is not great at all. So, last summer I had some time to think about a way of giving tips without videos and..here comes by blog! 😉 I started on a community on LiveJournal and then I moved here on WordPress. I don’t have much views or followers, but as long as I enjoy writing..I won’t stop! 😉
5) Which is your favourite color to wear? Black because it makes me feel comfortable.
6) Favourite nail polish of all time? The red on by Kiko. Here‘s the review!
7) An item you always have in your purse? A good chapstick.
8) If you had one wish, what would it be? Hard one. Maybe to get whatever I want if I work hard for it. For example, I’m really struggling with university and I really want to get a degree with the highest marks and then win a PhD in the US. That would be awesome.
9) Straight or curly hair? I have pretty much naturally straight hair, but I’ve always loved wavy/curly ones. Plus, since I’m lazy and I don’t like to straighten my hair (they don’t need it, but if I don’t properly blow dry it, it’ll be a mess..), I often try heatless curls and…I love wearing curling hair!!! Curls are so much fun! 😉
10) Winter or Summer? Definitely Winter. I deeply believe that you can dress in layers if it’s very cold, but if you’re hot, you can go around with a swimsuit and still feel hot. 😛 So there is a solution for the colder months, but not for the hotter ones. Plus, I have low blood pressure and summer just makes me weaker. (and with my super fair skin not even SPF50 can avoid sunburns!)
11) Ask yourself something and answer it back! The hardest one, hahah! Your biggest idol? Right now, it’s Taylor Swift, but growing up I was completely in love with the 3 golden woman: Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston & Christina Aguilera. (and I still am!!!)
1) What is your favourite way of spending free time?
2) Can you play any instruments?
3) A talent you think you have?
4) What would you change about your personality? And your body?
5) The nicest compliment you have ever received?
6) Your biggest idol?
7) Which celebrity would you like to date/meet in person?
8) Are you a spender or a saver?
9) If you could pick a city to live for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10) What is your job and your ideal one?
11) Favourite movie/songs/book quote you live by?
December 15, 2012 § 3 Comments
& after months, I’m a happy person.
I got as a gift a Samsung Galaxy S (not the phone, but the MP3 reader) and since it’s wi-fi, I could install Instagram (which isn’t compatible with my to-go cell phone -.-‘).
So if you want to follow me, my account is satine_89!
If you do, please let me know so I can follow you all back! ❤
Stay beautiful and happy weekend!
October 20, 2012 § Leave a comment
She’s one of my favourite YouTube gurus (I’ll talk about her soon, hopefully), and she’s really talented in short films.
A video to make you believe more in yourself and in your power in your life.