January 7, 2014 § 9 Comments
Before starting with my 2013 favorites, I have to wish you the brightest new year ever! I wish that all of your wishes come true and that you can find what you are looking for! Truly, from the bottom of my heart, I wish you a super happy new year!!!
And here are the winners of my 2013!!!
—————-❤ Random Beauty Things ❤—————-
- Lush – Roots (hair treatment): the hair mask that changed my life. I’m never going to stop using, it’s perfection!!! (review here)
- Lush – Honey I Washed the Kids (soap): the smell is amazing, and it leaves my hands super soft. I also use it to wash my face, from time to time..shhh, don’t tell! 😛
- Lush – Porridge (soap/scrub): in Italian it’s called “Il Signore dei Granelli” and it stands for “The lord of the grains” and it’s an amazing body scrub, plus it smells amazing!
- Equilibra – Scrub corpo rimodellante (body scrub): it a mix of salt and oils and not only does it scrub my skin perfectly, but it hydrates it amazingly
- Kiko – Hydra + Body Cream: the best body moisturizer I have ever tried so far
- Lush – Eau Roma Water (toner): a super fresh toner to refresh or soothe my skin and, as everything by Lush, it’s completely natural which is always a plus
- Burt’s Bees – Radiance Eye Cream: it lasted me an entire year and it goes straight back on my wish list for 2014!
- Bioderma – Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire (makeup remover): definitely the best makeup remover I have ever tried. It’s the highlight of this year! I’m almost out of my tiny bottle and I will surely repurchase it in 2014 (review here)
- Coconut oil: perfect to hydrate skin and to remove makeup
- MAC – Face&Body foundation in White: my life savior – I’m too pale to find a good match for high-end or drugstore foundations, and a white base to mix with darker foundations works like a charm for me (review here)
- Real Techniques – Expert Face Brush: it’s the only brush I find myself going back to whenever I want to apply liquid foundations – it’s the best
- e.l.f. – Eyelash and brow wand: a spoolie I got recently and that I use almost daily
- Kiko – Precision Lip Pencil (#306): a red lip pencil I use constantly (even more than red lipstick) when I want to dare with red (see it here)
- Sephora – Eyeshadow (#10 Californian Blonde): the perfect champagne color for when I am lazy to put something more elaborate on my eyes – it works great as a cheek highlighter as well
- MUA – Undress me too palette: it should be the dupe for Naked 2 and it’s definitely my most used palette of this year!
- Rimmel Kate Moss – Lipstick (#10): my go-to red lipstick (before getting the MAC Ruby Woo – review here) (review here)
- Kiko – Stick Bloom blush (#02): a super easy to apply blush that I used during Spring and Autumn/Winter almost daily
- Kiko Glow Touch – Lips&Cheeks (#01 Bitter Margarita): a bright strawberry cream blush I used all summer long (review here)
- Benefit – High Beam (highlighter): I got at the beginning of the year and loved to death every single day – it’s the perfect pink highlighter for my skin tone. Now I own only a little sample, but I am going to finish it up soon, and..definitely will purchase the full size!
- Essie – Laquered up (nail polish): the red that stole my heart – I’ve worn it countless days!!! (review here)
- Essie – Mint Candy Apple (nail polish): I got this polish later than any other girl on the web, but fallen in love with it immediately (review here)
- China Glaze – Purr-fect Plum (nail polish): the best plum ever, perfect for the Autumn and Winter (review here)
- Nina Ricci – Nina (perfume): I only got a sample, but I am in love. Actually planning to buy the full size!!!
- Issey Miyake – Florale (perfume): I don’t know how could I live without this perfume. I think that if I had to pick just one scent for life, I would go with this one!
—————-❤ Random Things&People ❤—————-
- Honey: I used to hate honey, back when I was a kid, now..it’s my favorite thing in the world. Plus, it works amazingly in milkshakes and on cookies! 😛
- Twinings – Blackcurrant tea: the best flavour of tea ever – I just can’t get enough of it (Instagram love)
- Outside walking/running: I started in April and stopped in October – I can’t wait to have time to start again! It helped me to get in shape and to listen for the countless albums I had to check out! 😛
- Zoella (youtuber): she’s the cutest girl ever – I’m a little obsessed..:P
- Essiebutton (youtuber): okay, I am literally obsessed with her – I love her videos too much! (my blog post about her here)
- Danisnotonfire (youtuber): honestly, he is my spirit animal
—————-❤ Random TV shows, Movies, Books and Music ❤—————-
- Once Upon a Time (TV show): loved the third season so far and my lovely ship Captain Swan is amaaaaazing!!! (join me in the madness!)
- Teen Wolf (TV show): what can I say..it started as a joke and it has become an obsession
- Gilmore Girls (TV show): I started rewatching the entire show and I have fallen in love with it all over again
- Bunheads (TV show): one of the cutest and brilliant TV shows I’ve watched – definitely check it out if you love Gilmore Girls
- Nashville (TV show): the best mix of drama and music
- The Hobbit (movie): loved the movies, like..reaaaally loved the movies. And I’m head over heels with the entire LOTR fandom all over again! (I though I recovered, but no..after 10 years, bang! Peter Jackson puts a spell on me again! :P)
- 10 things I hate about you (movie): watch it, just..do it
- The dark knight rises (movie): looooved it – so sad it’s the end of the trilogy
- The Heat (movie): I did not remember how it felt to cry of laughter – Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are amazing together
- The Band Perry (music): I love country, I love powerful female voices and deep lyrics – this band is flawless
- Ariana Grande (music): I don’t know if she gets the credit she deserves, but she’s amazing. I can almost say she’s better than the Queen Mariah Carey, for being that young. Pure, pure talent!
- Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio songs from Nashville (music): I love Scarlett & Gunnar in Nashville (they are my favorite couple on the show) and their voices are the perfect match!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (book): full of inspiration and down to earth characters – one of the best books I’ve ever read
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (book): a wonderful yet peculiar love story, brilliantly written too
—————-❤ Random quotes ❤—————-
- “If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.” (The Happiness Project)
- “The trick is to not see the bars, but rather what lies beyond them.” (Cyrus from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland)
- “There comes a time when you have to see what life looks like from the dance floor” (The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky)
—————-❤ Random honorable mentions ❤—————-
- Starting my Master’s Thesis
- Winning 3 giveaways (#2, #3)
- TOEFL, GRE, GRE Physics exams
- Applying for countless PhD in the US, Germany and Australia (that’s the reason why I did not post very often in Nov.-Dec. I promise I will do a blog post about it when everything has ended!)
& that is all, girls! If you are more curious, you can check out my 2013 Scrapbook here!
Talk to you soon!
November 18, 2013 § 1 Comment
Hello, guys! It’s past the middle of November and there’s no better time for this TAG!
1. Favorite candle scent?
I guess I am the only girl in the beauty world who does not own a scented candle. Not even a scented decorative tool. I would like to, but my actual room is too small (and too made of wood :P) to cave in and just buy one! I’m curious, though! That’s for sure!
2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Last year I would have said hot chocolate without even thinking. Now, things may be different. Since last Winter I started to get into Twinings tea and I fallen in love so much that I kept drinking it even during Summer. I am literally obsessed with the Blackcurrant one, even if any kind of Twinings tea is delightful. So, to answer the question, right now, I would say tea, hot tea to be specific!!!
3. What’s the best fall memory you have?
You should (?) know by now, after various TAG posts, that I have no memory. Seriously, I forget things so easily it’s impossible to explain. Nevertheless, maybe my favorite memory of Autumn is watching “Nightmare before Christmas” by Tim Burton on a Halloween night with my sister, maybe even more than ten years ago. I am sure I had the time of my life someday and I just don’t remember. That’s why I should upload my journal daily and..I never do. Actually I remember spending an amazing day with my best friend a long time ago, and I remember it was freezing even though I’m not positive if it actually was Fall or Winter..However, I remember feeling down – don’t know why, and there was some kind of strike at school so we just met outside and did not go to class. He dragged me in the centre of the town and we spent some time talking at the Castle park, which was stunningly covered in leaves. They we went for a delicious hot chocolate (so sad that shop closed months after), and then he bought me a breathtaking french bakery where we ate almost until we got sick. Haha! It truly was one of the best days we spent together. I remember coming home, felling so happy that I forgot why I was in a bad mood in the first place. It’s a memory I have in my heart that I will never let go.
4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner?
Dark lips all the way. No doubt about it!!!
5. Best fragrance for fall?
Hard one. I would like to say something by Taylor Swift..if only I had her perfumes! Jokes aside, I’m not a girl who changes perfumes often. I like to stick with one and make it my signature smell. These days, however, I am wearing the Nina Ricci perfume and I’m liking it a lot. I’m not sure how fall-ish it is, though!
6. Favorite Thanksgiving food?
Another great holiday we don’t celebrate in Italy is Thanksgiving. It’s such a beautiful festivity and I like the message it holds. But no, we don’t celebrate it so..can’t name any food. In Italy’s Autumn tradition I can mention eating hot chestnuts: I could live eating them forever! 😛
7. What is autumn weather like where you live?
I live in the middle of Italy in a town surrounded by mountains, therefore our Fall is quite chilly. Generally, you can go out with a cotton jacked until the middle of October, but after that..you really need a good puffy coat to keep you warm. This year, however, has been weird. I’m still using ballerina flats, cotton jacket and light scarves, and it’s the middle of November!
8. Most worn sweater?
Easy. My Star Wars one with Darth Vader’s helmet on it that I bought maybe more than four years ago at the boy kids department of OVS. I wait for Fall to wear that every year!!!
9. Must-have nail polish this fall?
A black one should never miss. I’m reviewing my favorite Fall nail polish next week, but it you want a preview, I bought it and showed it here. I’m very into warm purples (!!!), these days.
10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles?
Sports? Nah, I don’t like sports. Better jumping in leaf piles. 😛
11. Skinny jeans or leggings?
I wish I liked leggings, but..I just can’t stand to see myself in them! (Dark) Skinny jeans, all the way!
12. Combat boots or Uggs?
I don’t own combat boots, and I don’t think I would buy them. I own a (fake) pair of Uggs and I am proud to say I’m not ashamed of wearing them. 😛 Just..not during Autumn. I save them for really cold months in Winter.
13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
Never tried it, though I wish!!! I love pumpkin for what is worth, though.
14. Favorite fall TV show?
Hardest question of all. You know how TV shows junkie I am. I would say Once Upon a Time because, Captain Swan is finally happening. Follow my madness on Tumblr, will you?! 😛 I wish Game of Thrones aired during Autumn, though. I feel like it would fit my mood!!! 😉 Oh, The Big Bang Theory is surprising me week by week – I ended up liking most of the new episodes!!!
15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?
Any song from Red by Taylor Swift. Maybe “Red” or “All too well“.
That is all, girls! I TAG all of you and, please, link me your posts when you reply to the TAG questions!
August 22, 2013 § Leave a comment
I have no idea why this TAG is called “Tumblr survey“, but I read the question on Hilly‘s video, they sounded fun and I decided to give it a try! 😉
1. Are you a young heart or an old soul?
I like to believe I am a young heart, but I’m not. I’m definitely an old soul. People who get to talk to me without actually see me think I’m forty or something. 😛 Despite this blog is makeup and beauty centered, I am definitely not a shallow person. I like to have deep thoughts and look beyond appearances. The “young thing” about myself is that I am a dreamer and that I can’t stop but having imaginary stories in my mind, every time I close my eyes! 😉
2. What makes someone a best friend?
A lot of qualities, but essentially, trust and loyalty. And, of course, a lot of things in common, feelings toward various things (music, movies, people,…) included! There has to be some kind of connection!
3. What Christmas present do you remember the most?
Whenever I get questions like “do you remember..?” I always get so pissed at myself because my memory sucks. So..no, I don’t remember very much some Christmas present. I guess it was the little kind-of-talking-owl Furby when I was 9 or 10 because I remembered wanting it for so long!
4. Tell me a movie/song/TV Show/Playbook that has changed your life.
A lot of things changed my life, but I guess the first one is the movie “Moulin Rouge!“. I can’t imagine how my life would be without that film. No wonder it’s my favorite.
5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself and one that you dislike.
Hahah, well hello, confidence! I can name you a lot of things that I dislike, but the one that I hate the most revolves around my hips. I see them huge. One think that I like? My eye color, maybe. Not sure about that 100% though.
6. Can money buy happiness?
“Those who say that money don’t buy happiness don’t know where to shop“. I’ve always remembered this quote, but I don’t know where it is from. Sex and the City, maybe? I have no clue. Anyway, I do belive money bring a lot into someone’s life, yes, but..not everything, of course. Money help live better, that’s for sure. It helps with practical life stuff, but…if you have money and nothing else I don’t know about the quality of life you are living.
7. What’s more important in a relationship? Physical attraction or emotional connection?
Physical attraction fades, eventually. So, no. Emotional connection all the way.
8. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can’t trust?
Absolutely. I could make a list, maybe.
9. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
Again with the “memory” questions. 😦 I don’t remember!!! Maybe it was my grandma’s house, simply because I could get the chance to spend time with my cousins.
10. Have you spent a night in the hospital?
Nope, and hopefully I won’t ever!
11. Do you enjoy being only with 1-2 friends or with a large group of people?
1-2 friends. Tops!
12. Have you ever been bullied?
Meh, kind of. I got teased a lot for being “the good studying mama’s girl” and for being super pale, but nothing serious. I managed to get over it almost as soon as it happened. Now I tease my fair complection on my own and people think I’m weird. LOL
13. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage until having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
No comment. I have no idea.
14. Do you believe in God?
Don’t think so, no.
15. Out of all the social networks in the world why use Tumblr?
Because it’s the one I got most addicted to. Because it’s fun and full of things to drool over. And GIFs!!!!!! And, let’s be honest, because you can never feel alone on Tumblr! 😉 Anyway, my Tumblr page is here!
16. What is your quirkiest habit?
I am a control freak so I have to write down everything I have to do. Don’t know if that’s my quirkiest habit, but that’s the one that pops on the top on my head.
17. What is normal? Are you normal?
I believe there is no average normal. You are normal when you are yourself and you feel good with what you do. Being crazy and weird, well..that’s another story! If you compare to people of my age, you’d say that no, I am not normal. I don’t feel normal, actually, but just because people around me are different! It doesn’t mean that what I am or what they are is wrong, though! We are just not alike!
18. Someone close to you is dying! You have the choice to let this person live for 10 more years but if you do you cause the death of 10 strangers. Do you take the offer?
Hard one. I think I would be tempted, but maybe I wouldn’t accept the deal. Supernatural taught me a lot, you know? 😛
19. What is one thing you could never forgive?
Betrayal (& careless judgment).
20. When you’re alone in your own home, do you walk around naked?
LOL. Never! (I sound like Rachel of Friends!)
21. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
Past year..meaning 2012 or 2013? Of this year my big plans for my PhD stick out. On negative notes..too much to say.
22. Could you be in a long distance relationship?
Depends on the occasion. Me an Ben Barnes are in a so-long distance relationship that he doesn’t even know me and..we’re fine. 😛
23. Do you know what makes you happy?
Yes, yes I do.
24. Who was your first crush?
Spooky to say, but a guy who passed away when I was 12-13. 😦
25. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
Oh my, I love to eat out! I won’t be shallow and say McD’s, but there a place in my town that serves the most delicious meat ever! 😀
26. Are you an early bird or night owl?
I’ve always thought I was a night owl, but as I’m getting old I’m becoming more and more an early bird. I enjoy waking up early and having the entire day ahead of me! 😀
27. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
Don’t know if it’s actually unpopular, but I despise the celebrities who waltz into magazines or in the news saying “beauty doesn’t matter: it’s what you have inside that define a person” or something like that. As much as I truly agree, I feel like it’s kind of pointless to say those words when you are rich and stunning. It’s easy for celebrities to say that when they basically have anything in life and built their lives around beauty, uh?!
28. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?
Not really. If you win, you get an award, if you don’t..try to do better next time! 😉
29. What song best describes your life right now?
“Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson. But it’s anticipating what I would feel in a year, so..that’s basically cheating. 😛
30. How do you express your creativity?
31. Describe your neighborhood.
Nothing much to say. The guy who lives one floor under plays the bass and there are tons of cats. Pretty common.
32. Can you curl your tongue?
Yep, I think I can.
33. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Several time. But, hey, desperate times, desperate measures.
34. Give me the story of your life in 6 words.
Give up things to achieve dreams.
I tag every one of you, girls! Link me your answers! ^_-
May 30, 2013 § 8 Comments
A TAG I’ve stolen from Natasha! 🙂
1. Name a beauty regimen that you rarely do.
Body & facial scrubs. Or masks in general. I have both in my makeup drawer, but I never sit & treat my skin with those products. Well, not as much as I should do.
2. Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
Nope. But mostly because I don’t use brushes every day. I tend to clean my daily blush brush on a kleenex every two or three uses!
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
I hate chipped nail polish, but long nails bugs me more. Usually when my polish chips it means that it’s been 5 to 6 days and I have to cut my nails again, so..I guess I’ll can deal with them about one day or two if I am really busy and have literally no time to remove the polish and apply another one.
4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?
Never. I always have the new product in store when I finish the one I am using. I am pretty much paranoid about this! (I do this with everything, literally. Aka pens, gums, toothpaste, chips..and so on!)
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
I really have no clue. I’m doing pretty good at applying my night and eye cream and I always remove my makeup carefully whenever I wear it. Maybe, again, it’s the “not doing scrubs&masks” every week.
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time
Uhmmm. Re-organizing my iPod music. I have a 30GB iPod but it’s always full and when I listen to it on shuffle I tend to skip most of the songs. I just can’t take the time (and let’s be honest, I have no patience) to sit and delete them. 😛
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last-minute?
Depends on where I am going. If I have a friends night out (or some other event) never, simply because it’s that only occasion when I can take my time with makeup and maybe going with a full face makeup look. When I have to go to school, basically I plan everything pretty carefully to have time to make myself decent (makeup is not always involved) without being late! 😉
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Generally yes. I’ve been doing very good these almost two months of no-shopping. I have to admit that I kind of avoided drugstores and makeup stores in general, though. Some days ago I went to a drugstore with my mom because she needed something and..well, I behaved and didn’t spent a cent! 😉
9. How organized is your make-up and nail polish collections?
Very. Even if I haven’t enough space to organize it properly. I’m moving to my new (old) home -long story- during this Fall/Winter and hopefully I’ll have a bigger room (?) there where I can put all my makeup in a better order!
So..I didn’t do that bad, right?
If you want to do the TAG you are definitely welcome!
Have a nice weekend!
December 17, 2012 § 5 Comments
I’m back again with another fun TAG entry.
Here are the rules:
– write 11 things about you
– answer back the question asked by the girl who tagged you
– tag 11 people
– give them 11 questions to answer
11 things about me
Before I start let me tell you that there’s already a lot of stuff about me in my About Me page, check it out! 😉
1) I love Music more that anything in the world and I often dream about how my life would be different if only I decided to pursue my dream in music.
I’ve been singing since I was 15 and I never stopped. I guess I can say that I fell properly in love with music after watching “Moulin Rouge!“: I remember buying the soundtrack and playing it on repeat, singing over it. I don’t recall if this was before or after my cousin dragging me to a year-long musical singing/acting course. That was the best year in my life! We performed individually on a Disney song at the end of the course (I was Anastasia and Belle from Beauty and the Beast in the group performance), in a real theatre, and I get to understand how much music meant to me. I was so excited about the once-a-week classes, I couldn’t wait for go there and sing and act and everything. It was the year I finally had something I loved to do all the time.
I bought back then my first Whitney Houston CDs and then I discovered the musicals’ world: I watched The Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Les Mis and many others. That what the very first time I loved doing something: it made sense for me singing those tunes, for the first time in my life I felt like I knew what I was supposed to do and what I really deeply enjoyed doing. It was amazing.
Long story short: I’ve been singing since then, taking private lessons, I even attend two years at the Conservatory, I took part in several contests and I self-taught myself the guitar and piano chords. I explored all the music genres: from musicals to opera, to pop to jazz. I even auditioned for the X Factor.
Right now I’m on a path extremely non-music related and sometimes, when I think about it too much, it hurts and I end up wondering if things would have work better for me if I chose my first dream instead of my second one, which is being a Space Physicist.
Gosh, I guess this first fact is too sad!!! 😦
I have a musical YouTube Channel (I’m not that proud about it, though..), if you are interested, that I wish I could update more. 😦
2) I wear glasses and I used to hate them back when I was in high school. During college I started to get used to them and now I feel like they are part of me. I almost feel naked when I don’t wear them! 😛 Anyway, I’m thinking about having a laser operation when I’ll be between 25-30. Right now..it scares me a lot!
3) I’m kind of a control freak. I can’t deal with messy rooms and I can’t go to bed if every single thing I own is not in the right spot. I noticed that this side of me developed during college: in high school I wasn’t messy but I wasn’t obsessed about order that much!
What’s worst is that I’m not just an order freak, I need to have a schedule on everything I do. I hate not knowing what to do during some certain days. I really hate it! 😦
4) I can’t stand the sight of my nails without any nail polish. When I was younger I could wear a light/transparent polish and feel good anyway, but now that my guitar has kind of “ruined” the white on my nails I can’t stand looking at them. Paranoid much? Yeah, I know. 😛
5) I don’t have a home, right now. Mine was damaged by an earthquake. We are living in an earthquake-proof house while my real house is getting built.
6) I deeply hate my hips bones and my hips in general. I feel like they are too big if compared to the rest of my body.
7) I have the big dream of living in an English-speaking country, someday. And I’ll be trying to move to the States after my graduation to get a PhD. Right now, it’s the only things that keeps me focused on daily troubles.
8) I have been through a “The Lord of the Rings” phase back in 2001 until 2004, I guess. I’m over it, right now, but I deeply miss it. I remembered writing down my favourite scenes’ dialogs and even trying to learn Elvish. And I would die to have Arwen’s hair. 😛
9) I have a lots of fears and my bigger ones are the fear of living an average life and of being average in general (it’s something extremely difficult to live by because I tend to judge everything I do) and the fear of living in this town forever.
10) I have a pretty bad long-term memory. For example, I know everything if I have to take an exam, but I tend to forget about all of it after being done with it. Which sucks so bad. I can’t remember old memories too. I don’t know why. I have some very clear memories, but there are only a few. I tend to forget quotes/poems I like too, even if I am a quotes junkie. It’s so frustrating!!! =(
11) My iPod is a 30GB one and I only have 3GB left. 😛 I’m planning on buying a bigger one.
1) Which accessory you can’t leave the house without? I don’t know if it actually counts as an “accessory”, but..my watch! I feel lost without it!
2) What is a makeup item you are longing to get, right now? It’s hard to pick, I really have a long list. I’d say the white Face&body foundation by MAC or the Naked 2.
3) Favourite dessert/treat? The italian “tiramisù”. Even naming it makes me want it so bad! haha
4) Why did you start writing your blog? Honestly? Because I’m shy. I’m into makeup/beauty/fashion since 2009, but it was last January that I really wanted to do something with what I know. I really wish I could be confident enough to post videos on YouTube because..honestly, that would be awesome and fun! But, really, I’m too shy to do it. Plus, there’s the fact that I’m Italian so my spoken (or written, as you can already tell) English is not great at all. So, last summer I had some time to think about a way of giving tips without videos and..here comes by blog! 😉 I started on a community on LiveJournal and then I moved here on WordPress. I don’t have much views or followers, but as long as I enjoy writing..I won’t stop! 😉
5) Which is your favourite color to wear? Black because it makes me feel comfortable.
6) Favourite nail polish of all time? The red on by Kiko. Here‘s the review!
7) An item you always have in your purse? A good chapstick.
8) If you had one wish, what would it be? Hard one. Maybe to get whatever I want if I work hard for it. For example, I’m really struggling with university and I really want to get a degree with the highest marks and then win a PhD in the US. That would be awesome.
9) Straight or curly hair? I have pretty much naturally straight hair, but I’ve always loved wavy/curly ones. Plus, since I’m lazy and I don’t like to straighten my hair (they don’t need it, but if I don’t properly blow dry it, it’ll be a mess..), I often try heatless curls and…I love wearing curling hair!!! Curls are so much fun! 😉
10) Winter or Summer? Definitely Winter. I deeply believe that you can dress in layers if it’s very cold, but if you’re hot, you can go around with a swimsuit and still feel hot. 😛 So there is a solution for the colder months, but not for the hotter ones. Plus, I have low blood pressure and summer just makes me weaker. (and with my super fair skin not even SPF50 can avoid sunburns!)
11) Ask yourself something and answer it back! The hardest one, hahah! Your biggest idol? Right now, it’s Taylor Swift, but growing up I was completely in love with the 3 golden woman: Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston & Christina Aguilera. (and I still am!!!)
1) What is your favourite way of spending free time?
2) Can you play any instruments?
3) A talent you think you have?
4) What would you change about your personality? And your body?
5) The nicest compliment you have ever received?
6) Your biggest idol?
7) Which celebrity would you like to date/meet in person?
8) Are you a spender or a saver?
9) If you could pick a city to live for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10) What is your job and your ideal one?
11) Favourite movie/songs/book quote you live by?
December 13, 2012 § 9 Comments
❄ Top 2 Winter Beauty Essentials
The first one that pops in my mind is a good chap stick/lip balm. It’s really a necessity during the cold seasons. This and a good moisturizer!
❄ Top 2 Winter Fashion Essentials
Boots and tights. Those are the things I love the most about winter, I love wearing dresses with nice tights and tall or short boots. I could be dressed like that all year-long and not get bored!
❄ What shoes do you tend to wear the most in the winter?
Again, boots! Tall, medium, short, every kind!
❄ Favorite Winter Accessory
Gloves, but because they are a necessity for my hands. I love scarves more, I guess.
❄ Favorite Winter Nail Polish
A nice red one. Or a silver one. Or a black one. 😛
❄ Hot Cocoa or Apple Cider?
Hot Cocoa all the way.
❄ Favorite Winter Candle?
Never burnt any candles!
❄ Snowboarding or Skiing?
None of them, I’m just a looser! 😄
❄ Have you ever gone Ice Skating? Are you any good or do you FAIL miserably?
Yes, I did and I really miss it. My biggest regret concerning sports is not having been able to practice figure ice skating. It’s one of my favourite sports ever. It’s magical. Oh, and I always dreamt of going to the Rockefeller Center and skate there during holiday season in NYC.
❄ Does it snow where you live?
Yes, but we don’t have snow all winter long.
❄ Have you ever made a snowman?
I guess I did when I was little, but it was always too small and..crappy, basically. 😛
❄ What holiday do you celebrate?
Uhm, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day and the Epiphany. Awww, can’t wait!!!
❄ Favorite Christmas/Holiday song?
Too many. Maybe it’s “Last Christmas“. 😉
❄ Favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?
I don’t remember too many Christmas movies, but The Holiday makes me always in a good mood.
Maybe it’s Jude Law? ahaha, I love him!
❄ What is your favorite winter treat? (candy cane, gingerbread, etc…)
Our super yummy italian nougat. Basically it’s chocolate with nuts inside!
❄ If you were to ask Santa for one thing and you were guaranteed to get it, what would it be? (even if you don’t celebrate Christmas)
Hard question. Well, it depends on how much can I ask. Looking towards the future I’d ask for the money to move to US, get a PhD and open a record label company. Or being able to get whatever I really wish for if I work hard for it, just as Ashley said.
Being more materialistic and maybe down to earth, I’ll simply ask for a new laptop or a new iPod.
❄ Do you have anything fun planned for this winter
Nothing. Nothing fun, at least. I’ll spend here my Christmas holidays, just studying and eating like there’s no tomorrow! ahaha 😛
Hope you liked this TAG!
Please, feel free to steal it and do it on your blog! 😉
September 14, 2012 § Leave a comment
This TAG is extremely famous on YouTube/websites.
Let’s go! 😉
1.) Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?
Palettes and eyeshadows. I don’t use them as much as my beloved mascara&lipglosses!!!!
2.) Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
Hard one. Mmmh..Maybe “never be able to cut it again” just because I don’t know how to deal with a pixie cut. 😄
3.) Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
4.) If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?
Right now, makeup. My list of things to buy is extremely long. 😛
5.) Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?
Lipstick as eyeliner. I don’t see myself wearing brown or grey lipstick! ahah
6.) Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
Sephora, because it has a wider range of products.
7.) Would you rather only use one eyeshadow color or one lip color for the rest of your life?
Aaaargh. One eyeshadow, I guess.
8.) Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?
Winter clothes during the summer, as crazy as it sounds.
9.) Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
10.) Would you rather give up your favorite lip product or your favorite eye product?
Lip product. I find them more easily.
11.) Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?
12.) Would your rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?
Hard question. My nails weren’t bad at all three years ago, but when I started playing the guitar..the white tips on my left hand’s nails is way wider than the ones on my right hand. I guess it’s visible only to be, but I’d say never use lipgloss. -but I’ll still be able to use lipsticks, right? that’s cheating. ahah
13.) Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?
Sharpie them everyday.
14.) Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?
Again, hard one. Mmmh..maybe without nail polish even if my nails suck. 😛
& that’s it!
Feel free to comment with your picks! ❤
Have a nice weekend, beauties!
August 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Hello lovelies! ❤
– What is your most expensive beauty product?
Definitely the Benefit POREfessional. If I think about those 32€ spent..my head still spins. -.-‘ I know it’s an awesome product, but since I have not that large pores it’s completely useless. I still don’t know why I bought it.
– And what is your most inexpensive beauty product?
I have a lot of very inexpensive products, but the e.l.f. Brightenin Eye Colour is the most one. Ethereal is my favourite. I don’t use it too much, but it’s good quality even if it’s cheap! 😉
– What beauty products do you have a love-hate relationship with?
Foundation. My love goes to the flawless finish it generally gives, but my hate goes to..the fact that I still haven’t found the perfect pale shade that suits me.As a result, I never wear foundation even if I wanted to. Every time I decide to go on a trip to Rome and find it..well, I never do. And I must be honest, it pisses me off a lot. >.<
– And what product has been the hardest to find?
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters. And I still haven’t found them. *screams*
Oh, and I finally bought the Essence Volumizing Lash Powder after months of chasing. 😄
– What are your most delicious beauty products?
Granted that I don’t eat makeup :P, I really love the smell of Cherry Culture Lip Balm in Bubble Gum.
Oh, and a reaaaally old lipgloss that smells like cotton candy.
– What beauty product do you neglect due to laziness?
Foundation, but I also don’t have it so it basically doesn’t count. Let’s say that I know I’ll be lazy with it. LOL Anyway, eyeshadows in general. Mostly because I’m always in a hurry. I love them a lot, anyhow. 😉
– What product gives you most confidence?
Mascara. Or, well..curled lashes. I could go out of the door simpy curling my eyelashes and feeling a better with myself! 😉
– What product makes you feel more attractive?
Mascara and curled lashes, again.I’m starting to enjoy red lipstick too, though.
– What beauty item would you most like to receive as a gift?
Just one? LOL, it’s hard to pick!
I’d die to have the Too Faced Natural Eye Shadow Palette and the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.
Plus, tons of other high-end products! ;P
Comment/spam back with your answers! 😉
Stay beautiful. ❤
July 22, 2012 § Leave a comment
This TAG is taken from YouTube videos. I thought it was nice to leave it here!
Blush or Bronzer I’m too pale to wear bronzer without noticing it, plus I’m not a big fan of bronzer in general, I’ll go with blush!
Lip gloss or Lipstick Depends mostly on how I am styling my hair: if it’s up, lipglosses are allowed, if not I’ll go with the lipsticks so my hair won’t stuck on my lips! 😛
Eye liner or Mascara Mascara, forever.
Foundation or Concealer Concealer, I don’t wear foundation anyway.
Neutral or Color eye shadows Depends on my mood, I love both for different reasons, but I’ll say Neutral since it’s the ones I wear the most.
Pressed or Loose eye shadows Definitely pressed.
Brushes or Sponges Brushes, I guess, but I’m not a brushes-freak!
OPI or China Glaze I tried none of them, here in Italy it’s pretty difficult finding those polishes. I might say OPI because of the colour range.
Long or Short I really like round long nails, but I never wear them, so..short it is!
Acrylic or Natural Natural, natural, natural!
Brights or Darks Brights for spring/summer and darks for fall/winter but a good pink or black are never wrong!
Flower or No flower Maybe no flowers, but sometimes (once or twice a year, aka when I have time) I draw something on the nails.
Perfume or Body Splash Perfume!
Lotion or Body Butter Lotion, but if I’m extra dry I’ll go with the butter.
Body Wash or Soap Body Wash, definitely!
Lush or Other bath company I haven’t tried enough Lush products to say “it’s a ten”, but since now I’m pretty happy with it.
Jeans or Sweat Pants Jeans, all the way!
Long Sleeve of Short Long
Dresses or Skirts Both, but only during fall/winter
Stripes or Plaid Plaid
Flip flops or Sandals Sandals, I kind of hate flip-flops!
Scarves or Hats I like hats better, but scarves are easier to wear
Studs or Dangly none
Earrings, Necklaces or Bracelets mmmh..earrings
Heels or Flats Heels for pleasure, but I rarely wear them. Flats are the best thing in the world!
Cowboy boots or Riding boots Riding boots.
Jacket or Hoodie Jackets.
Forever 21 or Charlotte russe Too bad there aren’t any stores in Italy. Don’t know!
Abercombie or Hollister Read up above
Saks 5th or Nordstrom Read up-up above
Curly or Straight Curly, but in a Taylor Swift kind.
Bun or Ponytail Ponytail, I don’t remember wearing a bun since elementary school!
Bobby pins or Butterfly clips Butterfly clips. I guess I’m the only human being on this world who can’t use properly bobby pins. Too bad.
Hair spray or Gel Hair spray
Long or Short Long because my hair styles easily that way, but I really like bobs or male cuts too!
Light or Dark Light, but mine is a medium brown
Side sweep bangs or Full bangs Both, depends on your face shape. I don’t wear them, anyway, because they need too much styling and..I’m not that good! 😛
Up or Down Down
Rain or Shine Rain!
Summer or Winter Winter all the way!
Fall or Spring Fall, I guess
Chocolate or Vanilla I don’t even have to think about it, chocolate.
East coast or west coast East coast, but I’ve never been to the States so..I judge on the “Broadway” side!
Feel free to comment back with your picks! 😉