December 23, 2013 § Leave a comment
I used to be obsessed with Polyvore years ago, and I recently stumbled on the website (here‘s my page). Moreover, Miss Jaimie from Brilliant Earth asked me if I wanted to take part in a contest they are having weekly. Of course, I could not say no!
So, here is the set I created. It’s the kind of outfit I would wear for a romantic holiday in Paris. I’ve always wanted to visit this splendid city so..yes, “We end up dreaming instead of sleeping…” (quote stolen from Taylor Swift, as always! :P).
Brilliant Earth is the most shiny site of jewelry ever (yes, pun intended). If only I could buy some piece, it would definitely be the ring I used in the set (18K White Gold Tiara Eternity Diamond Ring) which reminds me of something elvish too (I’m back in The Hobbit & The Lord Of The Rings addiction – check my Tumblr to have proof). The earrings (The Promenade Earrings) are stunning as well and they fit perfectly in the set, they remind me of the Eiffel tower.
December 18, 2013 § 4 Comments
A brief post to show you what I recently bought.
My awesome group of friends gave a me a 25€ gift card for my birthday (it’s been 6 months and one day exactly :P) to spend at the local perfume/beauty shop Limoni. I struggled a lot before finally deciding because I really wanted to get some more Essie polishes (Fiji and Sand Tropez are on my wish list) and Revlon lip products. Sadly, the Revlon stand vanished (they moved the store in another location) after I decided to get two of the super raved Just Bitten Kissable Balms. I’m always the luckiest girl in the world, uh?!
Therefore, I decided to give the Dior Crème de Rose Lip Balm a go. So many YouTubers say this product is gold and I finally got the chance of spending 25€ (actually it was 25.99€) with a “light” heart. 😛 I tried it yesterday, but I ate dinner right after so I can’t say anything yet. The smell and the consistency are great, though.
I also bought some bits at Kiko with a 30% off. I got an invisible pencil, two lipsticks (two pretty wearable colors) and a star magnet for magnetic nail polishes which I have already tried and did not like as much as the Deborah one (here is the review).
& that is all.
December 10, 2013 § 6 Comments
How is December going for you?
Today I will talk about the revolutionary foundation by Urban Decay, the Naked Skin foundation.
When I was in Rome back in September I swatched the lightest shade on my hand and it seemed to be pretty matching my skin, but being a high-end foundation I only asked for a sample. I’ve been testing it out for five to six times and I have a pretty defined opinion on it.
Color&Pigmentation. The shade I got a sample of is the #0.5, which is the lightest pink-toned one. The scale of shades is numbered with a .5 for pink-toned foundations and .0 for yellow toned foundations and I have to say that if I see only the .5 by them selves I can’t see the rose tint to them, but if I compare the shades with the yellow-toned ones there is a great difference. If you are struggling to find a very yellow-toned foundation, you should check this one out. Anyway, back to the beginning. My shade is a pink-toned one and, despite being pink, it is not pink enough to match perfectly my skin tone. Moreover, on my hands it seems to blend very nicely with the skin, but on my face it’s still too dark. Impossible to believe, but it is. Of course, to use the sample anyway I mixed it with my life-saver Face&Body MAC foundation (review here) in white. And now, yes it matches (despite being still a tad too yellow for me). The pigmentation is super if we consider how lightweight is this foundation. It covers all of the eventual cheek redness and attenuates pimple scars (I still would use concealer over it for the most stubborn ones).
Application. Smooth and easy. Maybe the easiest foundation to apply I have ever tested. Plus, it is very easy to layer.
Longevity. If set it with powder (I use the NYC one) it lasts for at least 8 hours. It fades a bit, but it still covers everything.
Packaging. Can’t say much about it because I had only the sad little jar by Sephora (which was also kind of broken).
Store&Price. The UD Naked Skin Foundation is sold at any Sephora stores and in Urban Decay counters, of course, for about 35€.
Overall 9/10. It would have been a 10 if the shade matched me without having to add the white foundation. I have been thinking of purchasing the foundation, but I’m not positive on spending 35€ and having to mix it with another high-end foundation. Too bad, because I really like this product!
Have you ever tried this foundation? What do you think about the shade range?
December 3, 2013 § 7 Comments
I promised you an update, but I am afraid you’ll still have to wait. I’m not sure what to say to you, and writing it down makes it so permanent I don’t want to jinx it! 😛
Today, I will show you what I bought in my recent e.l.f. order I placed last month. I bought everything with the 50% off and I have realized that they come out with this deal so often (there’s a 50% off sale right now!) that I will never buy anything full price again! It was kind of a pain in the back to receive it, though, because it got stuck and it took more than 10 days to come, but..it’s here in all its perfection! ❤
Here is the list of what I got:
- Custom Eyes in Ivory: I’ve been wanting a single white shimmery eyeshadow for so long that for just 85 cents I couldn’t resist! I’m sad that I didn’t get the empty palette as well!
- Daily Brush Cleanser: I am lazy (and busy) when it comes to clean brushes and this works like a charm. I tested it three or four times and I really love how good it works! Definitely going to buy it again!
- Eyelash and Brow Wand: I’ve been wanting a spoolie for ages and I’ve used it once to separate my eyelashes after wearing a clumpy (old) mascara. It does his job quite right, but I have no time in the morning to use it too!
- HD Blush in Headliner: I think these are one of the most raved products by elf around the web. I still haven’t worn the blush. but I tested it on my hand and, gosh, it is dangerously pigmented!!! I decided to go with Headliner because I feel like it’s the easiest color to wear among the shades they offer.
- HD Blush in Superstar: I couldn’t leave it there. The color is too stunning to avoid buying this shade!!! I swatched this one on my hand as well and I realized that I will have to learn a good technique to wear it without looking like a clown! It’s even more pigmented than Headliner, amazing!!!
- Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Movie Star: I still have no automatic jumbo lip pencil and I really wanted to test the e.l.f. ones out. Sadly, I wore it once and it didn’t perform very well: it lasted for less than an hour and then started to collect at the centre of the lips and at the edges. Not great at all. Maybe a lighter shade (this one is a bright red) will work better.
- Lip Balm SPF 15 in Plum: I bought this one because of Lillian Masie, but I regretted it. Of course, it doesn’t look as great as it looks on her skin tone. Too bad, because it’s actually pretty good in mousturizing lips!
- Lip Exfoliator: I’ve heard very nice reviews about this one and the idea is too brilliant to resist.
- Lipstick in Gypsy: A plum color I still need to swatch!
- Lipstick in Charming: A strawberry color I still need to swatch!
- Studio Mini Eyelash Curler: I am obsessed with curling my eyelashes (my eyelashes suck pretty back, sadly) and I have been wanting a mini curler for ages. I was so happy to be able to buy it without having to spend too much!
- Powder Brush: It was only 85 cents and I needed a nice powder brush to alternate it with the flat studio elf one I have since 2010. I expected it to be bigger (but that’s something that happens quite often with e.l.f. brushes, especially the cheapest ones), but it works anyway and I use it to apply blush, instead.
- Powder Puffs: I almost forgot I bought them! 😛 A necessity to keep in the purse for touch-ups during the day (as if I touch-up my makeup..:P)
- Studio Matte Lip Color in Natural: I wanted to try the red one, but I am full of reds in my lipstick collection, so I opted for a very natural color. I swatched it on my hand and it looks nice. I’m just a little scared that with my pale skin it will wash me out.
& that is all! As you can see, I still haven’t tried all of the product because I literally have no time to test new makeup, recently, but I’m sure that I will have the chance to do so very soon.
I hug you all and, please, leave suggestions of good e.l.f. product to buy next! 😉
November 25, 2013 § 6 Comments
Sorry for not posting a lot recently. My life is getting messier and messier, every day is worse than the previous and I am near to lose my mind. So stressed. (You are very welcome to follow me on Twitter if you want depressed tweets every now and then.) I really need to schedule everything and try to fit the blog in some way. I will upload you soon if I have news.
But let’s talk about my favorite nail polish of the moment. It’s the China Glaze nail polish in Purr-fect Plum. I bought it on Maquillalia.com (see the huge haul here) and it was from the limited edition “On Safari“.
Color&Pigmentation. Honestly, the name couldn’t fit better. It’s my purrrrr-fect plum, seriously. It’s not enough dark so that you can recognize it’s not black and it’s not enough light to make me hate it (I’m not into light purples very much). I am starting to love plums more and more this Fall, and I believe it really suits my pale skin. (One perk of being pale, I guess..:P) See, the thing is that cool toned purples were never my thing (and will never be, I am afraid), but warm toned ones are stealing my heart. The pigmentation is good, but I would put it in the build-able polishes range, which you either can like or not. One coat will give you a lighter purple (still stunning), but I always go with two coats to have a darker shade.
Application. Simple and straightforward. And I find that it dries very quickly too! It’s always a pleasure to apply this polish.
Longevity. It lasts from three to four days with no top coat. As you know, I like to do my nails only on the weekends, therefore I hate when the nail polish starts to chip during the week. After the first time that it chipped in three/four days, I decided to apply a clear polish on it and it lasted perfectly the entire week. Honestly, I did not try to use Purr-fect Plum alone again, so I don’t know if the bad results depended on me washing hands more frequently (or similar) that week than the others (I doubt it, though).
Packaging. Awesome. I love the fact that it’s round and big, and the cap is quite good and comfortable, too. Oh, and it seems that it contains a lot of product if compared to common nail polished.
Store&Price. I bought it on Maquillalia.com (and it’s still available here) for 5.40€ and it’s from the limited edition “On Safari“, so I guess that it’s not sold on physical stores anymore.
Overall 10/10. Despite the fact that it chipped easily that one time on my nails (still not sure if it depended by my habits), it definitely is a super recommended nail polish. If you’re into dark polishes, you have to get this one..and if you like purples, this is the best shade you’ll ever find! It surpassed all of my favorite nail polishes and I feel like I am wearing it non-stop these weeks!
& that is all, peeps! I hope I will have the chance of buying some more China Glaze polishes in the future because they really feel worth the price.
How do you like lacquers from this brand? Favorite shade?
November 14, 2013 § 11 Comments
After girls posting pictures of a new Urban Decay palette bought at a Sephora store in Paris and the web exploding at the news (first denied and then confirmed), Urban Decay is officially launching a new palette: the Naked 3.
Obviously, I am pretty sure everyone of you already knows of the Naked 1 and the Naked 2 palettes (and I as much as sure that you own them at least one of them). Personally, I have always had Naked 2 on my wish list: I’ve always been fascinated by the cool toned eyeshadows it offers, but never brave enough to go and spend 45€ on it. 😛
It’s incredible how Urban Decay can come out with great color combinations even after two big hits palettes! I like how they went for a pink/gold colors, but I’m not sure it will work as great as the other two palettes: pink toned shadows are not very easy to wear and they don’t suit every skin tone, I am afraid!
I’m quite interested in the new Naked 3 palette, but I guess I still prefer the Naked 2 because I feel like it’s more natural and “naked” as the name says.
How about you? Are you going to buy it?
November 11, 2013 § 4 Comments
Hello, girls and welcome back on my blog!
I know I swore that I would never buy anything until Christmas after spending way too much money on Maquillalia.com back in August, but I caved in. I had a 20% discount at Sephora and I could let it slip through my fingers. Despite the fact that I would buy every single item on Sephora (so glad that the Urban Decay lipsticks&lipencils are out in Italy too!), I’ve been good and succeeded in toning it down and focusing only on what I
The last time I was in Rome, I went to the brand new Sephora store in Piazza di Spagna with the main goal of buying products from the brand Yes To. Sadly, it seems like they have been all sold on sale and Sephora is not buying them again. Too bad. Thankfully, on the website there are still some products, even if there is no much variety (nothing from the Yes To Cucumber or Tomatoes lines) and, most importantly, they are cheaper than the ones on feelunique.com. I believe they should be in the old packaging and that is why maybe they cost less.
However, let’s cut to the chase, and see what I ended up buying:
- Yes to Carrots Shampoo (5€): it’s a huge bottle (425ml) so I am splitting it with my sister, but it was worth it for just 5€.
- Yes to Carrots Moisturizing Eye Cream (10€): I am almost running out of my Burt’s Bees eye cream and I wanted to replace it with something under 15€ (the Burt’s Bees one is around 25€ and the Enchanted eye cream by Lush is 18€).
- Yes to Carrots Repairing Night Cream (10€): running out of my Burt’s Bees one as well and didn’t want to spend over 20€ for a night cream again.
- Yes to Carrots Head to Toe Nourishing Essentials Kit (8€): it seemed like a bargain and it definitely is. The kit contains 240g of body butter and 177ml of exfoliating shower gel.
- Yes to Carrots Intense Softening Hand Cream (5€): I am running out of my Essence repair hand cream!
- Sephora Hair Elastics (4.90€): I took a lead of faith with this item. I’ve been looking for elastic bands without the metallic little place for ages and these seems quite nice. I still haven’t tried them at all, but they seem quite resistant.
- Sephora Instant Moisturizer (9.90€): I fell in love with a sample of this face moisturizer and for 10€ I just had to buy it!
I still haven’t tried any of these products, aside from the sample of the Sephora moisturizer, but I can already tell you that the smell of the Yes to Carrots line is something I kind of hate. Let’s say it wasn’t very wise buying everything from the same line without smelling the products first. 😛 I will definitely use them up anyway, that is for sure! I will get back to you with reviews as always! 😉
& that is all, for today! I have another two hauls (oh my God, somebody stop me, please!) to show you, so keep checking the blog in the next few weeks.
November 7, 2013 § 12 Comments
Here it the product I want to talk about today. It’s called True Color Lipstick by the brand Sleek and it is in the shade Smother (#797).
Color&Pigmentation. I picked this lipstick because I wanted a deep berry color to use during fall, since the trend of dark lips stole my heart. However, as you can see from the swatches it appears differently from the hand with respect to the color applied on the lips. I don’t know exactly why, but on the hand it seems more purple than it actually appears on the lips. When applied, it is a very deep color with a hint of purple – definitely a blue-toned shade. The pigmentation is very good, but it makes me question why the color is different from the hand to the lips.
Application. Very easy and smooth. It applied like a dream, really. The consistency is very creamy and I did not have any troubles applying it straight from the tube though I usually do.
Longevity. Not bad, but not perfect either. I don’t remember how it behaves when eating or drinking (and I fear I still haven’t tested it in this way), but it stays on the lips for at least 3-4 hours. The only trouble is that it tends to go a little bit patchy: the color tends to slide to the center and to the edges of the lips. As a result, I always have the need of blending it to avoid an awkward look. What I usually do is: put a some kind of chapstick on it and rub the lips together to redistribute the color. If this is not enough I’ll use a finger to blend the color better. On a better note, it stains the lips very nicely and it’s quite hard to get it off too!
Packaging. When I first got it, I though it was a sample. It’s tiny-tiny-tiny if compared to any kind of lipsticks. The amount of product may be less, but the packaging is extremely defined. I love it. It’s not sleek (despite the name of the brand), but opaque and it reminds me the feeling of NARS packaging or the Lorac PRO palette one (aka it tends to get dirty easily). The cap clicks brilliantly and, honestly, I may like the package as well as the lipstick itself. 😛
Overall 8/10. I’m not completely sure about the shade. Maybe I was expecting something slightly more berry instead of purple-y. Nevertheless, I think it’s a great product for its price. I like the packaging and the fact that it’s very easy to apply. The stain it leaves is quite nice as well. I will surely buy some more shades from this line. I just have to stop shopping for a little while! 😛
Bonus for you. I read online that it’s one of the closest shade to MAC Rebel lipstick. This is the main reason I decided to add it in my cart! 😉
Have you ever tried these line of lipsticks? How do you like them?
November 4, 2013 § 8 Comments
Happy Monday, all!!!
Ready to kick off November?! I kind of am. Though it’s going to be a tough month. Let’s keep fingers crossed.
It’s not been long that I posted my very first giveaway win, remember?! I still thank Nicolea in my mind every day, haha! 😉
And, well..you may hate me (please don’t), but I got lucky again. (Luck has been missing in all every other side of my life, though -.-‘) I won the giveaway for Tasha’s one year blog anniversary at bellezakisses.com. And..guess what I won? The Lorac PRO Palette. Yes, you’re read it right. The super raved and preached Lorac PRO palette. Honestly, I still can’t believe it.
Thankfully, we did not have any kind of troubles for the package. Tasha has been so incredibly kind in accepting of sending it by mail to avoid our
stupid italian customs. It took three weeks to get the parcel, but it was worth the wait. Last Monday I received everything is a sealed envelope with the sweetest Thank You card. ❤
Oh, and Tasha also added a lip balm by Jack Black, that I understand is quite appreciated on the web as well.
Can’t wait to try the goodies out and I promise I’ll get back to you with reviews!
I will never ever ever ever thank Tasha enough because, truly, she is the sweetest. A big hug, dear!!!
Obviously, go and check her blog out!!!